Questions to ask during an interview
It’s important both as an employer and a job seeker that you come prepared for an interview.
Below are some helpful questions to take with you into an interview.
1. How would friends and family describe you as a person? What about your colleagues?
2. What makes you different and unique?
3. Why do you matter more than others we’ll interview for this role?
4. I can see you have completed XYZ qualification – give me an example of how you’ve applied that knowledge rather than just retained it?
5. Tell me about your proudest moment in your working career so far and why?
6. How do you keep yourself motivated generally?
7. How do you maintain a positive mindset?
8. Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?
9. What were your biggest challenges you faced in your previous role and how did you overcome them?
10. Is there anything about this job description that concerns you?
1. What would a typical day look like for me
2. Can you show me types of projects and work I would be working on?
3. Is this a new role or an existing role to be filled?
4. What ideal skills and experience are you looking for in the next candidate for this role?
5. What are the biggest challenges that someone in this role would face?
6. Are there certain targets or KPI’s that I would need to work toward in this role?
7. What does success look like in this role?
8. What would my professional development look like in this role?
9. What sort of cultural fit are you looking for in this role?
10. What do you most enjoy about your role with this company?